Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

BUSY WEEKEND - CATCH UP!

Saturday - shopping (all day) in Bath. Lovely shops, quite different from Bristol despite being quite close!

I was looking for a cot bed and a buggy - I went to Bath for a particular store that stocked the cotbed I think I wanted and a buggy that I wanted to look at. They were exceedingly helpful BUT they don't yet have the cotbeds in stock (despite what the website says) and the Gesslein buggies are no good - the wheels and chassis are huge, the buggies themselves are the size of small Volvos! I did find an alternative cotbed, it's low and although I liked it I won't be buying it!

In the evening I went to a 50th birthday party in A. Great party, lots of people in 1970s gear, funny. But one of the best bits (aside from the company, venue, music, costumes and food!) was the LACK OF SMOKE! Earlier this month a ban on smoking in enclosed public places came into force. There was a noticable difference at this party, it was lovely to come away from a super evening without smelling of smoke.

Sunday - I went to Gloucester to join the Gs celebrating 3 April birthdays in the family. We had a pub lunch and 3 birthday cakes (they deserve their own post!) and then a boat trip around the docks. Everyone was on great form, food was good, cakes were great and the boat trip was fun - fab day!

No comments: