Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, May 26, 2007

NAMES - MORE THOUGHTS

I'm still undecided and it's beginning to irritate me (let alone all the people who keep asking!)

She definitely won't be:
Emilia, Freya - too popular
Eliza - Elizabeth will be her second name, Daughter No 2 may well be Eliza!!

She could well be:
Clara - still
Jemima, Matilda, Beatrice, Naomi, Annabel, Olivia

What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chosing a name is so difficult, because the child is gonna hear that for the rest of her life.
I absolutely have no clue what my second daugthers name is gonna be, but with my first,I had a name ready before I even applied for adoption.

I really like the name Olivia for your daugther.

Hanne from Denmark

Louise and nelly said...

we had always had a name ...nelly , then my husband got the wobbles about six months before referral so we had a name - Grace in reserve just in case the original did not fit. When we got our referral last December we ahd her Chinese name translated and part of it means graceful ! When we met her she was oh so a nelly ...so she is now Nelly Grace Xiao'en....it will come to you ! We wanted something distinct and not too overly ENglish!

Janet said...

We've got a name chosen already, but want to see what baby looks like and see if the name fits. And we are wondering about keeping her Chinese name too - to avoid the face/name disconnect I've read adult adoptees write about. Perhaps Whatshername's name will come to you when you meet her SOON??

Anyway out of the names you've written I like Matilda best :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

I like Clara, Annabel and Olivia.

I quite like the derivations from the formal "Annabel":-

Belle
Bella
Anna
Annie

etc...