Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2007

YESTERDAY, WHAT A DAY!

. . . was incredible!

I was up at 4am - couldn't sleep. I came downstairs at 5 and started checking my email.

By 6.30 am I'd done some ironing (very unusual!) and was dressed (again extremely unusual for that time of day!) I rang the post office depot to see if they had my 'Special Delivery', they did - so I was straight in the car to go and get it - the first song I heard was 'Baby You Make Me Cry'. By 7am I had collected it, taken a picture of Simon (the Postman) holding the envelope and returned to the car! I opened the envelope. I was disappointed that there were 2 and not 3 pictures, but the pictures there were were great! She looked healthy - which was a great relief.

I drove back home and continued to check my email. By this stage I was worried that the medical translation wouldn't come through that day and I'd booked the Social Worker and the GP for the afternoon - the medical was essential! While I was waiting I posted her picture on my blog. Relief came when the email arrived at 10:15 - I skimmed it, no obvious problems, more relief! I printed out and took it straight to the GP's surgery so she could read it before the afternoon appointment. Whilst I was in Usk I called in on Mum's (and now my) friend J.

I got back home at about noon, by this stage the phone was beginning to ring with friends wanting to share their congratulations!

In the afternoon I met with my SW (social worker), she was very enthusiastic and positive. As we were talking we realised that it was the 2 year anniversary of my passing panel and being approved to be a Mum - thank heavens I didn't realise then that it would take 2 years to get this far. We talked a lot about Whatshername, the medical and what we would be called - we also examined the photos more than once!! We also chatted about the post adoption visits and the adoption process for No 2 and I learnt alot more about domestic adoption - now that China will no longer be an option I am still considering domestic for No 2, we'll see!

[I need to go and get up, I'll have to finish this later!]

3 comments:

3cmum said...

Number 2 already????????????
Just announcing I think you are a bit mad! Not that number 2 isn't a good idea...just wow thinking about it already before number 1 is even home.
Woohoo...

Kayce said...

What a day! I wish I could iron at 6am!

Janet said...

Domestic adoption has different challenges to international adoption, but is just as fab :-) From someone who has done it the other way round - domestic and now waiting for international. Love Janet x