Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

LIFE WITH ALICE

First thing, Alice stood unsupported - this reduced her to tears and she sat down quickly, but her balance is quite steady, it's just that she won't try moving! She's now getting into a crawling position, but goes backwards - but she is MOVING, she just can't control where she's going!! (Just to clarify - she is smiling in this photo, the tears came a few seconds later when standing unaided!)

We went swimming this morning, to the club where I'm a member. The pool is always a bit cold, but they have a creche and lots of aqua aerobics sessions, so I'm not changing my membership! I bought Alice a wetsuit to cover her torso, she stayed warm, had a great time splashing, giggling and hiccuping all at once, back in the changing room when I removed the wetsuit she was still as warm as toast!

She had lunch there, I got the details from the creche - they were very friendly and really keen to meet her. I'm thinking of trying it in a couple of weeks time, once she's used to it I'll be able to go back to the aqua sessions in the daytime.

Then we went into Aber to meet A, M and C. [They've just come back from the US, lovely pressies, thank you.] We had lunch out and then strolled around the shops and had an ice cream (hence photo!) Alice managed to wave at all of us, another first today! Then a we did a few jobs on the way out of Aber.

Another great day, I love my daughter to pieces and I love being her Mum. I knew that I would, but it's even better than I thought it would be!

No comments: