Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 09, 2007

ALICE IS A STAR!

Alice is on the homepage of one of my yahoo groups - ACUK. (Without ACUK I wouldn't have my Alice - their support and advice was and continues to be a great support and I'd advise anyone considering adopting from China from the UK to join the group.)

They used this photo:
I posted to the group about Alice, and then thought that the blog should also include what I wrote:

She's continuing to thrive, just 10 weeks ago (seems like forever and yesterday all at the same time!) she had 2 two teeth, she could sit unaided but toppled easily, she had a ready smile and a giggle if you worked hard.

She's incredibly courageous, new situations make her quiet while she surveys the scene and adjusts, but it doesn't take her long to join in and show everyone her true colours. Now she has 6 more teeth - which came through without any grumps and only a little dribble. A smile is usually close by, repetition is hilarious and dogs are wonderful. She's got an incredible reach (put things twice as far away as necessary and they might just be safe, for now!) and she's beginning to crawl around, mostly backwards. She's incredibly strong, she likes to stand but loves to bounce! Her hair is thicker and is growing at a remarkable rate, we're going for her second haircut this week.

Motherhood is everything I though it would be and much more. My blood pressure's dropped (it was OK before) and most people comment that they've never seen me so happy!

My heart goes out to those of you still in the process. The waiting and uncertainty put me in hospital with eczema - that's virtually gone now too! I never believed the pain of uncertainty would become unimportant, but please know that (for me it was meeting Alice in China) once the paperwork is completed it really doesn't matter how long the process has taken your child takes all that pain away.

With love to all from a very proud Mummy, off to hug her child til she
objects!


No comments: