Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

AUTUMN MOON FESTIVAL

A significant time in China, the brightest full moon of the year. A time to eat mooncakes, tell the story and remember family.

Mooncakes are tricky to find and I'm not sure that Alice would like the taste, so we had fairycakes - it's the round (like the moon) shape that's important. During teatime and during her bedtime bottle I talked about the festival, we remember Grandma and Grandpa sitting on the stars and Alice's birthfamily in China. Sometimes I find it difficult to talk about or remember Grandma and Grandpa without tears, today I managed to hold it together, I told Alice how wonderful they would think she was just because and then extra wonderful as she makes me so happy.

The tears flowed though - when we remembered her birth family in China, I can't help but feel great sadness that they're missing out on this incredible child and that their sadness has brought me great joy. I've understood for years that this would be the case, but this year it's different as I hold my child and marvel in the matching process that brought us together.

I will have to wake her later for the final antibiotic dose of the day, we will look for the moon while I tell her that her birth family will have looked at that same moon to remember their family.

My friend sums it up really well here.

Next year I'll have a story to share with her and no doubt several books too. COMMENTS PLEASE if you have done anything today to celebrate.

No comments: