Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

SIGNIFICANT SONG WHILE WAITING . . .

I See The Moon

I see the moon and the moon sees me,
down through the leaves of the old oak tree.
Please let the light that shines on me,
shine on the one that I love.
Over the mountains, over the sea,
I have a love who is waiting for me.
Please let the light that shines on me,
shine on the one that I love.



I've got a short version of this song on my computer. I tried to get it on CD, but the CD is an American format and I can't play it!

The words of this song represent a lot of the emotion of the adoption process. I used to sing this song while I was waiting for referral. It means a lot to me and is particularly special now that I can sing it to Alice during her bedtime bottle.

2 comments:

3cmum said...

hi kate
I have it completely unexpectedly on a lullaby CD that miss a listens to every night.

I"ll get it for Miss A's b'day

Carrie

LaLa said...

Love that song..you probably already have it but a book was written based on it..it is called 'We See the Moon' by Carrie A. Kitze. It is told from an adoptee's perspective as they look at the moon and wonder about their birthmom. Try to get through it without crying...you won't. : )

As always, Miss Alice is a beauty!