Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

TOO MANY BODILY FLUIDS

[Those of a nervous disposition STOP reading now!]

Alice is still poorly. GP diagnosed a chest infection on Monday, but wants Alice to fight it off herself, if possible. She's had a stinking cold all week too. She's still getting worse at the moment, she's been coughing in her sleep since Sunday and now she's wheezing too (she sounds like an old banger going up a steep hill).

So she's full of mucus with a nasty cough. If she coughs too much she makes herself sick.

It's not been a good day today. A very dirty nappy to start the day, soaked through PJs, sleeping bag and onto sheets. She'd vomited before 8am. She reproduced ALL her lunch and managed to redecorate half the kitchen in the process.

This morning I had a conversation with cousin K about poo. This afternoon I discovered the full effects of what she'd been talking about. Very messy nappy, up back, through tights etc and after I'd taken her top off it was also through her hair, ugh, poor baby. I wasn't going to wash her hair tonight (she hates it and I thought today had been hard enough), but I wasn't left with any option. So before teatime she was in her 3rd outfit of the day - thought I'd save time and put her in PJs early, no chance, let's just say I missed some bits with the wet wipes after the messy nappy. The washing machine's on for the 4th time with Alice 'casualties'.

So now she's in bed, sleeping and wheezing. She had a late nap today, didn't wake until after 4pm and yet went to sleep very quickly. Poorly baby, poor baby. For both our sakes I hope she's better soon.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh no, I hope Alice is better soon. I don't envy you the nappies!! Look after yourselves and I'm thinking about you.
Lots of love
Janet
xxxx