Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

ALICE IS A STAR, AGAIN!

This time on my international DTC group, the Autumn Dreamers!

They used my favourite photo from the early days at home - the one on the swing.

For a limited time, you can see it here.

I started with the post that I used last time Alice was a homepage star on a different group, then I edited it to bring it up to date:

Alice is delightful! She's continuing to thrive, just 16 weeks ago
(seems like forever and yesterday all at the same time!) she had 2 two
teeth, she could sit unaided but toppled easily, she had a ready smile
and a giggle if you worked hard.

She's incredibly courageous, new situations make her quiet while she
surveys the scene and adjusts, but it doesn't take her long to join in
and show everyone her true colours. Now she has 6 more teeth - which
came through without any grumps and only a little dribble. A smile is
usually close by, repetition is hilarious and dogs are wonderful.
She's got an incredible reach (put things twice as far away as
necessary and they might just be safe, for now!). She's incredibly
strong, she likes to stand but loves to bounce! Her hair is thicker
and is growing at a remarkable rate. She started to crawl in
September and now races round – it won't be long before she's walking
as she's pulling up on everything and cruising with just 1 hand for
support! She adores cuddly toys and today (for the first time) she
offered me her favourite bunny – it meant a lot to her and so it meant
a huge amount to me.

Motherhood is everything I though it would be and much more. My blood
pressure's dropped (it was OK before) and most people comment that
they've never seen me so happy! The most difficult thing I've ever
had to do is ice the cupcakes for her birthday party whilst trying to
play with her!!

The waiting and uncertainty put me in hospital with eczema - that's
virtually gone now too! I never believed the pain of uncertainty would
become unimportant, once the paperwork is completed it really doesn't
matter how long the process has taken your child takes all that pain away.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

So glad you BP has dropped being a Mum..I'm afraid..with three boys..my BP explodes at times!!!
Alice is gorgeous..we all love her

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I just caught up with your blog. I am so happy to haer how wonderfully you and Alice are doing. She is darling, absolutely darling!