Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

HEALTH CHECK

I went back to the GP's yesterday and saw a different locum. Turns out I don't have a chest infection but a throat infection.

I felt dreadful, hence the return visit, it was all I could do not to cry (only the thought that it would make me feel worse stopped me!) She advised me to take Ibuprofen, numbing throat spray and cough medicine - it's made a big difference, but nearly 36 hours later I still feel pretty rough, I've still got a very sore throat and hardly any voice. I'm a lot better than I was over the weekend - I've had Alice on my own for 2 days and I actually managed to get some sleep last night (phew!) I'm still coughing a lot at night, but I think that I only woke Alice 3 or 4 times last night, compared to at least 6 times the night before!

Alice has been so good through all of this - spending time with T and entertaining herself while I groaned from the sofa, with only a fake cough to show she knows what's going on!! This evening she showed signs of surcoming herself, in true 'Alice Style' she vomited. When she'd nearly finished her main course, no warning, she vomited - but the bib contained it. So the dilemma then was what to feed her, she'd been sick, effectively had no food and with a delicate tummy? My automatic solution is scrambled eggs, not too rich but nutritious and one of Alice's favourite foods. I gave her some of the pink medicine (she was a bit hot) and the eggs went down well, but unfortunately (and unusually for Alice), they came back too. I didn't try again, it seemed unfair not to give her any food but I couldn't make her sick again. Luckily she does still have a bottle before bed, so I didn't put her to bed hungry - I couldn't do that. I do hope that she hasn't got my bug as I haven't felt this ill for several years.

No comments: