Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

THE KINDNESS OF VIRTUAL FRIENDS

A fellow AP contacted me this afternoon, to remind me about lactose intolerance. She was very kind in the way she phrased her reminder and the suggestions she made. I'm blogging about it to publicly thank her (thanks A) and to flag it up in the hope that it might help others in the way that it has helped us. So, thank you A - hope to meet you at CACH in March.

So, for now, Alice is off dairy products and on half strength bottles. I was extremely sceptical about whether or not she'd take the bottle half strength (but like most things, I'll try it once and see how it goes), anyway she took it with seeming to notice that there was only half the usual amount of formula.

For supper tonight - toast and jam (just a scrape) and lots of water. I gave Alice the pieces to feed herself, thank heavens it was a hair wash night! Bath time and bedtime were uneventful (I hope that I don't live to regret that statement!) I do so hope that she's on the road to recovery - it's more exhausting when Alice is poorly than when I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Alice has been poorly. Shoop has had a hideous cold with vomitting from the coughing, BUT we took her off dairy after she'd been home about three months when I read it could contribute to restless sleep.
She has no dairy - maybe a tiny bit in some things - and soy formula. This last week I tried reintroducing a little cheese. ACK! Never again. Much itching and throwing up! Her reaction seems to get more extreme the older she gets.
We've found it very easy to manage though and yes...she sleeps better too.
Hope Alice is 100% again soon.