Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 19, 2007

SHAMBLES

This morning I felt like a one woman disaster zone.

For the 4th or 5th Monday in a row I had a doctor's appointment. Last week Alice had a chest infection but I was apparently clear, despite the fact I was coughing quite a lot and feeling off colour. Alice finished her antibiotics yesterday. Today my lovely GP wasn't sure if I had a chest infection - but she'd heard me coughing for 10+ minutes before the appointment and knew that I still wasn't well (haven't been since mid October and I'm more than bored by it now). More antibiotics - the third course in a month, hopefully this lot will work! (Before anyone flames me with comments about over use of antibiotics and creating resistance etc please remember that I'm diabetic and so I tend to get infections more easily and it takes more to get rid of them too.)

From the doc's we went straight to the vet's - luckily the doc's were running close enough to time so the timings worked well. Alice's Bugaboo looked a little lop-sided, the seat doesn't always engage properly, I noticed the problem but didn't rectify it (thought it would be OK for 10 minutes). Got into surgery, discovered I'd misread Daisy's antibiotics and had been giving 1 dose each day instead of 2. Then seat unit on the buggy collapsed - Alice was left, strapped in, standing up! Shambolic. Slightly ashamed but more amused!!

No comments: