Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MORE CATCHING UP!

The grumpiness continues sporadically - I continue to blame the rumbling teeth. Of the 8 that were moving, 6 are now through at least in part. Alice said 'Aaah,' tonight when she saw me with the teething gel!

Life's been really hectic recently - lots of paperwork to do and now more organising to get the beach house sale and move organised.

Yesterday was really busy - hence no posting! We went into A'g, collected my sewing machine and ran a few errands (got ABSOLUTELY soaked!) before going on to a new activity in the morning - soft play. The soft play was great - playmats, ball pool, activity climbing bit (for when she's toddling and climbing) including slide and a bouncy castle. It was very social - I knew about half the mums there - and several grannies came along when they heard we were there, it was lovely to introduce Alice to them and good to catch up. Alice was very clingy to begin with, but by the end of 90 minutes she was much more confident but didn't go more than a metre or two from me. She had a wonderful time and was so exhausted that it was a battle to keep her awake in the car!

Then I was a grown up for the afternoon!!! I know that there's no greater responsibility than caring for children, but I had an afternoon off. The Magnificent T looked after Alice and I went for an afternoon of pampering. Alice had great fun with T and her son C - they got her on her feet and when I came home she showed me that she can walk 5-6 steps unaided between people. Lots of pride - from me and her!!

Today? Swimming, still clingy, it's taking a lot to get over the Christmas break. Quick trip to the vet's - Daisy's arthritis has flared up but I'd taken the correct measures already. Then, after Alice's lunchtime nap, a trip into local town to collect the Chinese artwork that's now been framed and an impromptu visit with J and D.

2 more good days, we're very lucky.

1 comment:

Shawnstribe said...

hoooorrraaayyy we have booked the cach weekend!!!!
We will get to see you and meet the most adorable Alice!!!!
love
Shawn and Aila Mei
xxxxx