Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 28, 2008

PLEASE HELP

This is from a fantastic charity that helps children in Chinese orphanages:

As you might know, we are in the final five days of a national competition on Facebook. We were in first place for quite some time, but now we are 45 donors behind the Free Tibet people. We have five days to find as many individual donors as possible in order to try to win the $50,000.

It is SO EASY to donate $10 and count as a unique donor. All you have to do is go here: Click "donate", and then it will ask you to register with Facebook. Once you are registered, you can donate just $10 and it counts towards our total. The donation is 100% tax deductible and is processed by I Give, a leading online charity site. Your credit card number is completely secure.

Facebook does not sell any information to third parties, and you can in fact go back and even delete your Facebook account as soon as you donate if you desire. I have really enjoyed learning how to use Facebook, however, and have found a lot of old friends on there that I have reconnected with.

I just wanted to say that this is REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME, so I am asking you as a dear friend or family member to please do this for me. I have so many babies on my heart right now who will not be on this earth in the next month if we cannot raise the funds they need for medical care. It takes a piece of my soul each and every time a
little baby dies in an orphanage when it would have been so easy to save their life with surgery. I have watched far too many babies struggle and then die over the years…and it is a very heavy burden to me.

If we win the $50,000 prize…that will save the lives of ten children dying of heart disease. That is so awesome. TEN CHILDREN. I hope you will be a part of us winning and saving their lives. I once had a conversation with a mom who had adopted a little boy whose life we had helped save. She said, "do you realize that the very fabric of the world has changed since our son lived when he didn't really have a chance?" She went on to say that her family realized that he would grow up one day and have kids of his own…perhaps be a doctor or a teacher or a researcher. I started crying when she took my hand and told me that because we had stepped in to save his life, the world would be impacted in ways we would never even know. Just because one boy's life was saved. I have so many children waiting for that same chance.

Don't forget that if there are two people in the home, then both can create a Facebook account and donate $10 and it counts as two donors. Everyone 13 and up in the Eldridge home has done so here. The contest is just on how many unique donors we can get behind our cause.

THANK YOU!! I would be SO GRATEFUL for your help.
Amy Eldridge
Love Without Boundaries

No comments: