Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

QUIET NIGHTS AT HOME . . .

. . . I'm using my quiet time to continue my research for Little Sis.

I'm currently considering Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan or even Ethiopia! I'm also practising my spelling and brushing up on my world geography.

There is very little information available from the UK - so far most of my information has come from yahoo groups, adoption blogs, US adoption agencies and the US government sites, all via Google. Nevertheless all information, links, experiences or contacts would be gratefully received - please leave a comment if you can help!

I feel a little more positive about IA this week - as I was beginning to feel that there was no hope of Alice having a sibling who stood a chance of looking even slightly like her. Even getting some 'proper' research underway is making me feel more optimistic. I don't think I ever felt this way about Alice's adoption - I was committed to China from almost the very beginning and it was an established and clear route which was easy to find out about. I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that the second adoption is a greater challenge than the first - after all most things are more straightforward the second time around, but then again, my life was never that simple. It's probably Fate's way of making me appreciate my child(ren), if so, it's working!

2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

wow Kate what great news!!!!
i see what you mean about spelling....where to start???

can't wait to read where your research takes you
xxx
s

Global Girl said...

Exciting to hear, Kate!

When the China program closed to singles, I was devastated. I felt that my heart was in China. Then I found a few blogs of single mothers adopting from Kaz, and I started to do some research. I feel a pull to that country now as well.

Try this Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/singlekazmoms/

Best of luck!