Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

KITCHEN PROGRESS, SINK END

3 photos - the first was last week, the second is tonight and the third is self-explanatory!

Progress is being made, but it's slow because things are coming from different places not because the company are dragging their heels.

What's happened at this end? The base units have hardly been changed from the old layout - one cupboard's been removed (the veggie basket one), the narrow cupboard now has a door and the corner unit now has 1 door that's hinged. The wall units are different (they came from where the fridge freezer is now). It's simpler and it's better. There's one part I don't like, I knew that I wouldn't, the microwave is a bit high for me (made worse from the rack that sits inside it) and it hinges on the wrong side for the layout - but it was the best option - looks fine but just doesn't work too well for me!

The tiler started today - he worked really hard (8am til nearly 7pm) and I really like the results. I was planning to have the same tiles as before (4 tiles making a sun), but when I went to order them I found a different tile from the same range. I'm really pleased with the new ones - the square echoes the squares on the curtains and with these tiles the navy is pulled into the colour scheme, fab! It's odd sitting in the study, the tiles are handmade, terracotta and they click with the moisture of the adhesive - very strange!

This bit of the kitchen is nearly finished - just a few tiles to add, grouting to do, some electrics to finish, end panels, pelmets, cornice and kick panels to do. I'm really pleased with how it looks.

1 comment:

Shawnstribe said...

hoooorrrraaaayyy for the kitchen!!! i love your tiles, mine are very similar hee hee good taste!
Happy Easter
xxx
s