Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

REFLECTIONS ON 9th MAY

(I know that it's a bit late, we had a thunderstorm that evening and we've been busy!)

9th May - the key date in my adoption journey to Alice.

2004 - I was already waiting for a place on the adoption course and for my homestudy to begin - I'd approached SS in February that year.

2005 - my Panel date. A traumatic day. I was organised until a message to tell me to get to the venue ASAP as Panel had a problem remaining quorate at my appointment time. That Panel meeting is now infamous, it's known as 'The Crying Panel' - every set of applicants cried in front of the Panel and its external assessor!! I cried harder after being told I'd passed than when I was in front of the Panel, people kept stopping me to ask if I was OK!

2006 - waiting, papers in China, only 6 months before I'd expected referral at about this time.

2007 - the day I first saw a photo of my daughter, the day I first read all about her. A very early start - I was dressed and waiting to ring the Post Office by 6.30am (how my step-father would have loved that!) My first reactions to her photo were relief that she looked healthy then followed by the realisation that she didn't look like a 'Clara'!!

2008 - I felt a bit of a traitor but I had a last minute opportunity to have some Mummy (retail) therapy - so I went to Cardiff and abused my credit card until I couldn't carry any more bags (I missed the pushchair's bag carrying capacity).

The beginning of this month has been a time to reflect and marvel at the changes of the last 12 months. As I begin to contemplate our journey to Little Sis it's good to remember the highlights and huge success of my first adoption journey.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I remember talking to you on the phone.Gosh is it a year already.She was beautiful then and she is even more beautiful now.