Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, June 08, 2008

RETURNING TO WORK

I've been very lucky to have had over 11 months off work. I'm going back to work just one day per week for a while.

My first day back was on Friday. I didn't sleep well the night before.

Alice screeched with joy when our next door neighbour M walked in to look after her. I went to work knowing she was happy at home. I had a very good day, it was good to be back at work and feel like a grown up again. It was refreshing to talk to children who showed they understood what I said (I'm a teacher, my class are 8 & 9)!

Work was good. Coming home was great, until I found the house empty - they were in the garden, Alice had the good grace to screech loudly at my return and give me a kiss - she'd had fun without me but was pleased to see me. She'd played hard all day - mostly in the garden, lots of time on the swing, a little bit of water play and also they got the sand table up and running - I think Alice tasted quite a bit as well as smashing the shapes that were made!

Overall it was a refreshing day with good outcomes for both of us, what a relief!!

Unfortunately I had dreadful dreams on Friday - all about losing Alice at the shops or forgetting to take her with me as I moved between shops, no doubt all to do with leaving her for the first full day of work. I've left her before, I'd spent time in work before officially returning, but Friday was the first day when I couldn't have come home when I felt like it. Although I wasn't looking forward to time away from her, it's actually quite refreshing but I don't like handing control of Alice to others - it's not about trust it's about missing time with her.

No comments: