Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WHAT A DAY!

Did you cap your energy bills? I spent the first 90 minutes of the day (after the bedtime cuddles and milk) trying to contact the energy comparison companies by phone. By phone? Yup - desktop computer failed this morning. After 50 minutes of constant redialling I was on hold for a further 15 minutes before talking to a receptionist who took my number and promised that someone would ring me back!! [Updated - they rang at 2pm and got me a capped electricity rate 8% above this year's rate for 17 months, I think it was a good rate, it's since been withdrawn and a higher rate offered.]

So the desktop wasn't working, I tried the laptop, but the signal strength was very low and it wasn't coping. My reliance on technology was over emphasised several times today. T he desktop still isn't working, I can't email my technology solver as my desktop's ca-put! (However, obviously, the laptop's feeling better!)

The Magnificent T arrived early to 'Alice-sit' so that I could go for a pre-holiday pedicure (a girl's got to have pretty feet for a holiday!) But the car wouldn't start, the dashboard was dim and the control panel showed an 'Emission System Error' - I rang the dealership and they said that it would have to be towed in, ugh! (By this time I'm seriously worried that we won't be going away this week after all.) The RAC turned out in less than 20 minutes - hurray! The lovely mechanic was very patient and thorough - diagnosed a flat battery, then the search was on to find the reason for the flat battery, but none could be found. I rang the dealership again and they will look at the car tomorrow. I left the engine running for about 45 minutes after the RAC left. After I turned off the engine, the Magnificent T noticed that the headlights were still on - maybe the source of the flat battery? Meanwhile I'd rebooked the pedicure for tomorrow lunchtime, that's not going to happen again - as I won't have any transport or childcare, no pretty toes!

I managed to make it to my osteopathy appointment and then to collect Daisy's medications from the vet - only to find that they hadn't logged my telephone requests, so I had to wait while they prepared them etc. Daisy has degenerative arthritis (diagnosed by this vet's surgery), she's on the maximum meds and she's not going to get better. I was informed that they wouldn't repeat the prescription again without seeing her - despite the fact that the stress of the journey and appointment would be extremely detrimental to her. I think that I'll be looking for a new practice when we return from holiday, after 18 years I've had enough.

On top of all of that Alice wasn't feeling herself today - she was clingy and tearful, without medical symptoms, but nevertheless I think she's sickening for something.

Quite a day - some good, some worrying, some bad and some momentous.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I hope today is a better day! Hope the car holds up and that you have a fantastic holiday, with pretty toes or not!!
Love
Janet
xxx