Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

HEART-STOPPING MOMENTS

Today my computer was scrubbed and all the software reinstalled - I've been having techie problems that I don't understand and have been causing big hiccups for over a month.

In preparation I bought a new external memory thingy. I copied all 'My Docs' to it on Wednesday - that took over 2 hours just for the info to transfer. My techie chappie checked it before scrubbing began, fine, before he left he started it copying files back.

Tonight I've been returning settings to my usual things, including the desktop background - ONLY ALL MY FOLDERS OF ALICE PHOTOS WEREN'T THERE.

OH MY G*D . . . PANIC . . . SWEATY PALMS . . . FEELING SICK . . . TEARS IN MY EYES AT THE VERY SUGGESTION OF LOSING THEM . . .BACKUP YOUR FILES . . . PLEASE!

On rechecking the external thingy I found them - but in the meantime it was awful.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh no! I've had moments like that, and its so scary!!
Big big hugs
Love
Janet
xxx