Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

IT'S NOT JUST ME THEN

. . . M (my neighbour who looks after Alice) was here all day today (I was at work). When I got home she said that Boo and Fuss had followed her around all day. I thought that they were even closer to me than usual . . . but then I didn't know whether my behaviour was encouraging it.

This evening they are still close and affectionate and I'm enjoying the change - it's not that they aren't usually close, I suppose D's absence allows them to get closer more easily and they're always affectionate.

I'd told a couple of people from work about D - I didn't want any fuss and I didn't want to talk or explain. Work were great. One colleague insisted on hugging without chatting, the others obviously knew but didn't enquire - it was just what I needed, the hug and the silence. One very good friend who just happens to be a colleague did ask more - she said she couldn't not and I completely understood, I said a bit and cried but it was good, I needed to off-load slightly and she was right to ask - it's how our friendship works.

Getting there slowly . . . now off to hug a dog or 2!

1 comment:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Hi! Just catching up, had a crazy week. Hugs to you as you continue to adjust to life without your precious D.

Interesting about the hits from China - it would be great if you got a comment or two.

Cute quiz - I am Red Wine. It fit nearly exactly.