Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 05, 2009

TEARS

The post came just after midday, as usual it contained several mailshots, a bank statement and a couple of other envelopes and as I have done for the past few weeks I quickly shuffled through the stack and finally I found what I was looking for!

2 envelopes - 1 recently requested and a relief to have in my hands but the other made me cry - Home Office permission for my baby to enter the country, permission that I've been waiting for for 5 weeks. It's a big relief to have their letter and more importantly it's the last piece of the paperchase, there's a bit more shuffling to do and forms to finish filling, but WE'RE NEARLY THERE!

I didn't expect to be so emotional about a piece of paper but sometimes adoption does that to you - every step is a challenge (especially to someone as intimidated by paperwork as I am), every document an achievement.

3 comments:

Mama Melissa said...

Sweet!!!! Another hurdle... :)

Melissa

Janet said...

Hi Kate,
That's fantastic :-) Hope you and Alice celebrate :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Virginia said...

Thats wonderful news! I understand how much a piece of paper can mean when it's one of the few solid things that says, "hey, this is really happening". Congrats.

Gin =)

(who has news of her own)