Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, January 01, 2010

A NEW YEAR, A NEW START

I wonder how many readers have already guessed what's been happening in our life . . . I won't be adopting from Thailand any time soon, I have started the process to withdraw my application from Thailand. Why? It's a grey area, wrong impressions, misinformation - I believed that I would receive expedited referral in 9-15 months from papers being received in Thailand, it now seems that this was never the case and that I would have to wait my turn in line, in a very long line. This would mean waiting far longer than anticipated and changing the nature of my family, Alice waiting years for a sibling and having a much larger gap between my girls than I would choose. Not what I want for me or my family.

I had a very revealing day at the end of November, it felt like the clouds should have parted and a ray of sunshine should shine down on me - a new perspective on the past and the future. It was a momentous, life changing experience.

So what now? I've already applied to be considered for a domestic adoption. I'm hesitant to share my expectations over timings, I need to be reapproved for adoption and I've already had plenty of experience of adoption timings taking far longer than anticipated - I don't want to 'count my chickens'.

Maybe 2010 will be the year of Little Sis, not necessarily her homecoming, maybe her birth or even conception?

All of this is one of the reasons for not much blogging and now with the possibility of a domestic placement I need to consider the future of the blog and how safe it is for my family.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Oh Kate, I know like you how long these things take and how things can suddenly take a turn in the world of adoption.

I will pray for you that you will know exactly what you are to do and have such a peace!