Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

LEARNING LESSONS

Alice doesn't really draw. She has an easel in the playroom, one side is a chalkboard, the other is drawing board. She'll draw shapes and different shaped lines but not pictures, never pictures.

Recently she's had several 'star' charts but she always requests a smiley face not a star, I started describing what I was doing as I drew the smiley, then I started getting her to tell me which bit to do next. She still never drew!

This weekend I tried a different approach - I ASKED her to draw a picture and SHE DID!!!!!!!! So simple, so easy, boy I feel daft!

This is my Alice drawing a tiger, she needed encouragement to use some colours (right now her default drawing style is quick to finish in lead pencil, no colours), she identified the colours of a tiger, found them and then used them both at once! (After that I asked her to draw her and I AND SHE DID!!)

Lesson learnt - by Mummy!

No comments: