Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!

I can't believe how things have happened today.

Incredible. I think that I will always remember today as the day my life changed (even though it's not definite yet).

8am - I checked the internet (as I do every morning). RQ had rumoured cutoff as 1st Nov 05, everyone seemed pretty clear about this, not much doubt. (Usually the cutoff starts of as being positive and then reality hits and reduces expectations, but this month the agencies announced it and it just 'was' no doubt!)

I went out for the morning, to the doctor's, petrol and then onto aqua believing that this month was now 'possible but unlikely' for my referral.

Came home for lunch, rang 3CMum and whilst she was on the phone I discovered that 1st Nov was an R5 (RQ speak for 'definite'). Wow. The shakes set in, a few tears and lots more shaking. Scoured the internet for more detail, found some detail but no referral announcements. Made lots of phonecalls to the authorities - no one could confirm anything.

Went out again at 3pm feeling fairly certain I'm in. Began to tell people but still feeling strangely detached.

Home by 6pm. Long chat with C (also expecting in this batch).

Now - blogging and feeling calm and happy!!

WOW

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Tracy here from the November group on RQ! Just wanted to say - wow - I am so happy for you! I can feel that excitement in your post. This will be a week to remember!!

Tracy (Trace7)
LID 11/22/05

seaview said...

Enjoy this moment Kate - you have waited so long - Vicky

mummy me said...

wow, wow, i've got goose bumps for you. Enjoy this, i'm thinking of it as labour!!! I'm thinking of you. Edison sends kisses.

Samantha said...

Yeah! WE ARE IN! WHoo Hooo!