Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 03, 2007

REFERRAL AGE

Whatshername is only 6 and a half months old. That's very young for a referral from China, very young - babies are only released for international adoption at 6 months old, so Whatshername is as young as I could possibly hope for!

I'm sure there will be many reasons why 'she' was chosen for me but at the moment I know very little about her so her age is very important. As a first time Mum I really wanted to have a young baby to know that I had missed as little of her life and development as possible. But there is also a far more important implication - less time in an institution should mean less developmental delays.

We are very lucky, truly lucky.

No comments: