Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2007

SHE MAYNOT HAVE A NAME

. . . but at least she now has somewhere to sleep and somewhere else to get a clean nappy (or will have when they arrive!)

All the advice I'd received has been to buy a cot bed and not a cot. The nursery will have white furniture. I wanted a c/b with a drop side - not just a drop-side but with a single handed operation!!

'Ivory is the new black!' White isn't easy to find. Drop-side cot beds aren't easy to find (instead they have multi-position mattress levels - but that doesn't help lay a sleeping baby down!)

I'd found this c/b on the Internet a little while ago - it's why I went to Bath a few weekends ago (they didn't have one to try!!)

So first stop this morning was to the Boori stand to try out the single-handed drop-side mechanism - I liked it so I ordered it! I think J (R4 producer) was a little surprised that this took less than 5 minutes in total! In fact we had to spin out this part of the shopping experience so that she could get more on tape! It should be delivered in about 4 weeks, they will put it together in-situ and take-away the packaging AND it was a bargain - for the price of the c/b I got £40 delivery and a £90 mattress for FREE (I like that price!)

Then we did a bit more browsing! Found the Playtex (bottles not bras!) stand - with a very helpful lady who sold me a starter pack of several bottles, a variety of nipples and disposable liners - so that I won't have to sterilise too much in China!

Next I did a bit of car-seat research, still not sure what she'll end up with!

After that I went on to look at changing tables - I found the Stokke Care at a very competitive price at the Glasgow Pram Centre stand. Again I wanted a white one, they didn't have one to check the colour, but they pointed me in the direction of the Stokke stand (over end of the exhibition!). I was happy with the colour and the price from GPC so returned there to order one later in the morning.

J left after a juice together and a quick lesson on using the recording equipment she sent me a month or two ago. So then I was on my own - I browsed around the rest of the hall, bought some bits, did some research and ordered the Stokke Care (which will also arrive in about 4 weeks). I did buy some soft leather 'shoes' - red ones with a pink gingham heart on the front (so hopefully they'll go with pink and red!)

I like versatile bits and bobs. The c/b will transform into a sofa and the changing table will convert into a television table or even a desk! So although they were both pricey they should last for many years - poor Whatshername may be the only teenager who still has a cot and a changing table in her bedroom!!

I didn't see much that I hadn't already seen but it's a great relief to have ordered the c/b and changing table. Now I just need to make my mind up about colour schemes and names!!

No comments: