Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

CRINGE!

Do you have moments that you remember forever and always cringe about? I do, another moment was created today!

I can't sing, ask anyone at school and they'll confirm it. I can't sing. I only sing at home, alone or with Alice and the dogs as the only audience. But they got me, ON NATIONAL RADIO, they got me!! They recorded me, while I was trying to get my (usually vocal) daughter to make gurgling, babbling or laughing noises. They recorded me singing 'The Wheels On The Bus' - the greatest indignity of all was that Alice stayed mute!!! I never thought that they'd use it, ugh!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I've not listened yet - but I will now lol

Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Kate: It sounded lovely, sweet and very endearing (though it would have been nice if little Miss Alice had participated a LITTLE! You should hear me going up and down the aisles of Waitrose or Sainsbury's singing a medley of "Baa, Baa Black Sheep", "She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain", "Little Miss Muffett", "Hey Diddle Diddle", and an array of other little treasures! It takes a few moments for people to realise that I'm singing ALONG with a baby in the trolley (that's the ONLY time Annaliesa's voice sounds soft!) - but the looks are still amusing! And I'm probably now known as the "Singing Mum". Oh, the stories you'll tell! xxx Ellen