Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

THE CURSE OF THE CHANGING TABLES

I found a fab changing table, but it was expensive but I couldn't find a cheap one to equal it, so I ordered one at the Baby Show in May. I managed to get it at a special 'Show Price' with delivery in 5-6 weeks. Confirmation email arrives several days later, confirming the wrong colour - this was corrected over the phone without a problem.

5 weeks later, no news of changing table, I rang to enquire about its whereabouts. With no apology the G*C said it was delayed and due to be delivered towards the end of my time in China. Friends had to arrange its delivery. T put it together (several times, as she discovered that it didn't fit through 1 of the doorways upstairs).

So, we arrive home and the nursery is complete, except the changing table is the wrong colour. We got home at 9am and shortly after 10am I had to phone G*C and explain the problem through gritted teeth - I was FURIOUS! . . . long story . . . The changing tables were exchanged by courier 10 days later, with no apology, compensation or acknowledgement of the hassle they have caused. The new, white, changing table is now constructed and installed in the nursery and it is fab!!

However, it's a trek to go upstairs every time Alice needs a clean nappy - we needed another changing table for downstairs.

I managed to win a £100 changing table on an auction site, I got it for £18 plus £20 postage, but it was only 5 miles away (so no postage needed). The first problem was that the seller was only in in the evenings - so not easy to get there to collect it! I finally managed to get there on Thursday, it didn't seem much - I did query the number of bits and was told that was all there was, I checked again at home and quickly realised that it was incomplete! Luckily they found the other bits and delivered them last night. It's now build and standing in the dog room, works a treat and is much more convenient than going upstairs multiple times during the day!

[Note to self - in future, only ever buy changing tables new, in box, in person from a store!]

No comments: