Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, July 23, 2007

TODAY'S MISSION

Toys . . . once the car seat was installed forward facing, we went off to Newport to buy Alice some toys. She's got plenty of cuddlies but not many toys to play with or learn from.

We started in Big W - there were plenty of things on their website that I could have ordered, unfortunately the store was a big waste of time - very little choice and huge queues at the checkout. Then we went on to Tesco, where we did no better except that the baby food of Alice's choice was on offer.

So now I'm contemplating a trip to Cardiff and Toys'R'Us - unless anyone's got any better suggestions?

[Oh, car seat, forward facing? It's a dream, so much easier to get Alice in and out of and I can see her while we're in the car!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate:

A tip for your car (if you haven't already done this)...I bought one of those mirrors that suction to the windscreen (the kind they use for learner drivers during their tests so the examiner can see what's going on behind them). I put this next to the rear view mirror and I can always see Annaliesa, and she can always see me ... without me turning around.

She LOVES that she can see me easily. So, ... just a tip!

Ellen x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate:

ELC (Early Learning Center) is a great place for toys that educate and entertain. We've bought a LOT for Annaliesa from there and she's received a lot of gifts from there as well. GLTC (Great Little Trading Company) is another great oneline place for quality toys. I do almost ALL of my shopping online now, as Annaliesa's "window" of patience is about 15 minutes when we're out and about! We even do online groceries each week now! (Never thought I'd do THAT!) She's really good but gets really restless --- so I have LOTS of online suggestions if you ever want them. Just email me. But I'll probably call you soon anyway! Ellen x