Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

TODAY'S NEWS!

We had a quiet morning. After the school's carol service and staff night out last night, I was slow to get going and Alice was her usual amenable self and let me go at a leisurely pace!

Today's outfit was another lovely pressie from GMA and her family - a gift from their Florida holiday, from Gymb*ree (could become my favourite store!) I admired another IAP's daughter's outfit recently and in the process I was introduced to Gymb*ree. Unfortunately they don't have any shops over here any more, but you can shop online, so I did! I ordered some clothes (for next winter and Christmas) on Sunday evening, paid $5 extra for express delivery and they arrived this morning, 36 hours later!! Incredible and the clothes are fabulous too, I will be ordering again.

I've had another shock with Alice's clothes recently - the baby grows that are on the small size are a size larger than I'd thought, she's nearly out of M*thercare's 12-18 months, at 14 months!

For fun I tried some squeaky shoes (bought in China) (shoes that squeak as she walks - to encourage walking) on her this morning. I'd bought 3 pairs, the smallest are already too small, sigh. Anyway, Alice really loved the shoes, they didn't help much with walking, but she did a lot of bouncing and had great fun. I know that there are differing opinions as to when a child should wear shoes - I'm going to keep Alice in the soft leather slippers until she's properly walking, but occasionally we'll have some fun with the squeakers!

I also keep meaning to post about her hair. I know that Alice is looking a little 'hippyish' at the moment - that's what comes from trying to grow baby hairstyle out into a bob! I see a hairdresser's appointment in the near future!!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hi Kate & Alice!

Glad to hear Alice is enjoying her squeaky shoes! Our "A" LOVES hers but she's growing out of them now so I must order more from China! They are especially great for when you are in someone else's home and you can then hear where they are going and what they are up to! They are a big hit at toddler groups as they are nearly impossible to find in the UK!

Enjoy!
Ellen xxx