Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

BRIEFLY

. . . still here . . . still busy . . . still absolutely exhausted!

Have conquered (for now) the shoe-monster, finally, after 2 days, 2 cities and 4 shoeshops, we've managed to get a pair plainish 5 and a half 'F's that almost fit - long story about narrow ankles! Can't believe we'll have to do it all again in as little as 6 weeks. Meanwhile, Alice is extremely pleased with her new shoes but she's still walking like John Wayne missing his horse!

Today we went to B to see M, C and L. First Alice and I shoe shopped before meeting the B/Es for lunch. Alice was in a highchair for 90 minutes, without complaining. She was a delight all day - I told her as much over supper tonight and she repeated Mummy's declaration that she was a 'Goo Grrl!'

After lunch we went to see a Lion Dance - 15 minutes early but too late to see it, they were already turning away loads of people as the room was full, so we stayed where we were and joined the queue for the following hour's performance. It was worth the wait - lion dance and several dances from a local dance group, all very good. We also got to meet A, R and their daughter L - it was great to meet them but very strange too - as they're blog readers! I was quite spooked - they knew quite a lot about me and I knew only a little about them - quite disconcerting!!

Chris Evans was playing the Carpenters on the way home:

Such a feelin's comin' over me
There is wonder in 'most ev'ry thing I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream

Everything I want the world to be
Is now comin' true especially for me
And the reason is clear, it's because you are here
You're the nearest thing to heaven that I've seen

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

Somethin' in the wind has learned my name
And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze
There's a pleasin' sense of happiness for me

There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through I hope that I will find
That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

The lyrics struck a chord with me and I counted my blessings - especially the one in the back of the car who was resting her eyes at the time, doubly blessed.

Another great day.

2 comments:

Dave & Kris said...

Hi Kate--
John Wayne reference very funny, and very well illustrated in the picture of Alice!

Look how long her bangs are, heavens! I'm amazed at how much Alice has grown in these short months.

We so enjoy popping in and checking on her progress. We are still waiting ourselves, ever hopeful.

best to you both,
Kristen and Dave
(in Wilmette,IL still...)

Shawnstribe said...

I love her JW look!!!
sounds like life is gooooood!!!!
big hugs to you from over here : )
xxx
s