Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 08, 2008

LEAVING ALICE

. . . for the first time . . . was very hard. I'm sure it was worse for me than for her.

She was at home being looked after by people who know her very well. Meanwhile I was 2 hours drive away, staying in a house with no phone or mobile signal!

How did she do? She didn't sleep when I put her down for her lunchtime nap on Tuesday, but she did go straight to sleep that evening! Tuesday was pretty much normal for her, even though I wasn't around she was used to seeing T and her Mum M for those parts of the day. Wednesday morning reality hit her - she was quite out of sorts when T got her out of bed (that's the one part of the day that Mummy ALWAYS does), she didn't drink her morning bottle and then bottles and meals were out of sorts until my return.

She was definitely pleased to see me. We had a play and cuddle before she went for the lunchtime nap - she went to sleep almost instantly and slept through the noise of removers through the house and shifting furniture up the stairs (wish she slept that way every naptime!) Since then she's been clingy - entirely appropriate given the circumstances - quick to cry and not happy when she can't see me - all good signs of attachment, I think?!

So . . . T wanted to know if I'd be going to New York the next time?

Maybe, but don't expect it to be any time soon!

I left her at home, with familar faces, for 24 hours. I left her because it was the most sensible option. I found it really hard. I did it because the alternatives were daft. My head won over my heart, it was the right decision. I just hope that I don't have to face a similar situation any time soon, or not so soon. It's times like this when being single bites hard.

4 comments:

Gina (Caleeo) said...

That must have been sooooo hard. I am glad it went well.

You've been tagged! Stop by my blog for details!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh... how disgustingly cute... take care

Shawnstribe said...

Oh Kate
it must have been so hard!!!!
i felt your pain and dilema.
Im glad you are back home safe and sound and that Alice is back in your arms!!!!
Not long till we meet at cach, and we cant wait
xxxxxx
s

lara said...

wel done for leaving Alice for the first time and surviving the ordeal