Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

HIGHLIGHTS AND AN UPDATE

What's happened to the weather? Monday was good, Tuesday was better and it's stayed at least that good ever since. Warm weather, blue skies, sunshine - we've seen more summer this week than we managed in the whole of last year!!

We've made the most of the weather and spent lots of time in the garden - mostly playing in the water and occasionally with 'Aball!' We've had lots of fun, lots of giggles and I've managed to take some lovely photos - amazingly I've managed to dodge most of the water and my camera has survived so far!

Health-wise Alice is nearly at the end of the antibiotics for her tonsillitis but still has a very chesty cough, I think we may be seeing the Dr again soon. She's still pretty jolly but quick to cry or get cross - maybe she's just growing into the Terrible Two's?!

Fusspot was spayed today - I worried all the time she was at the vet's and had to remember to breathe when they phoned unexpectedly to ask if I wanted her hernia repaired as well! Alice came with me to the vet's this morning. Part-way through playing outside she noticed Boo lying nearby, went for a quick stroke and then noticed Fuss's absence (she's the most likely dog to be close), Alice went to the kitchen door and call insistently for 'Boo!' (she still calls Fuss Boo most of the time) - until I reminded her that she was at the vet's! I went to get Fuss alone - she came back in the nurse's arms, until she saw me and obviously wanted to be in my arms instead - it was good to know that she wanted me. When Fuss came home I told Alice she had a sore tummy and not to touch her, she insisted on stroking her head and then left her alone - she clearly understood - not sure if it was the words or the tone of voice but Alice was very good! Fuss settled on a dog bed in the playroom and was happy while I was moving, but then she cried when I sat on the sofa - until I moved her to me and then she settled to sleep after giving me a wash.

Meanwhile we had a visit from a friend and I had a phone conversation with another - it was good to catch-up with both of them, nothing major but they added smiles to my day and brought happiness - thank you!

Good times, I'm counting my blessings.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Kate,
You are right those are GORGEOUS pictures :-)
Hope Fusspot is back to her normal self soon.
Take care
Love
Janet
xxx

Eileen said...

Those are some cute pics!