Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

EVER HAD 'ONE' OF THOSE DAYS???

. . . well I managed to have 'one' of them in style today!!

Swimming this morning - great, Alice did wonderfully for most of the lesson but lost it a little in the last 10 minutes. Good progress and mostly fun. The instructor commented on her progress and complemented me on persevering for so long - it's been worth it.

Then back via U - for a quick update with the Health Visitor and to collect pills for Daisy's arthritis.

Successful lunch - Alice ate baked beans again - having refused them several times recently. Usually Alice eats at 12.30pm ish and then I eat after she's gone to bed for her nap - I'm trying to eat with her and have a family meal, I'm also hoping that this will encourage her to feed herself.

Then it all started to unravel . . . I took a phone call from BT during her naptime - they seemed to be offering me a deal that's too good to be true . . . the poor salesman had to explain the deal 3 times . . . I signed up, eventually . . . but I'm still not convinced that there's a catch in it somewhere!

Alice got up . . . she's always slow to wake in the afternoon (I think it's probably as I usually have to wake her) . . . she sits and watches TV for a while whilst she 'comes to' . . . whilst I was on the phone (paying bills) she let herself into the garden . . . I encouraged her to play in the water . . . happy girl, no problems . . . then the doorbell rang . . . our SW . . . a week early!!

Actually she wasn't a week early - I was a week confused! So began our 12 month post placement report meeting. SW has to write a report on Alice's health, development, progress and character - all fine, but I was unprepared and hadn't gathered my facts (as I thought she was coming next week!) We also talked about Little Sis - I'm still not sure where she'll come from and am as confused as ever, oh well, more thinking time needed!

Edited to add:
The girls at Mimosa obviously know exactly how I feel - their post today echoes mine, while typing a response I remembered another element of the day:
I rang the phone banking service to pay a bill . . . they couldn't trace it . . . set up a new payment and then I realised that it's one of the ones I pay by DD!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh I have A LOT of "those days"!!! Too many! :-)

Ellen said...

Kate,

Alice is growing so beautifully! It is so lovely to follow her development and watch how she's growing into a toddler!

These are milestones that are so important to capture, which you do so well on this blog. Princess AGX is swifly becoming a 'little girl' and it is astonishing to watch her development before my very eyes. She is at a sweet stage where she's making up songs, stories and dancing through her days. I look forward to you experiencing the same with Alice.

And yes, I've shared my 'mummy brain' stuff on Mimosa as well! I am going out Friday evening with friends, and have asked one of them to phone me in the early evening to 'remind me'! Because I know that I'll be thinking about it all day, but will unexplainably forget to show up by the time evening rolls around. I know just what you mean about confusing the DD issue! What drives me nuts, though, is that I forget important things, but cannot, for the life of me, erase those dang nursery rhyme songs from my head!

Lots of love to you both,
Ellen xxx