Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

WORK

I'm back at work. I started the week after half term (first week of June), for now I'm just working 1 day per week. Some people have laughed about it only being 1 day a week. I'm a single parent and with the bonding and attachment issues that can be associated with adoption I hadn't left Alice very often. Returning to work was a big step for me - the first time that I've had to leave Alice and haven't been able to control when I return. It went well - she's delighted to see M when it's a work day but she is also pleased to see me when I get home - the ideal situation.

Last week I worked an extra morning, I also took Alice to school for their fete yesterday.

This week I have a funeral on Friday, so I'm working tomorrow instead, I'm also doing an extra half-day. So in the 5 days from last Thursday I will have been in school for 4 days. For now that's too much, I'm tired (I've still got a day to do tomorrow) and I haven't spent enough time with Alice. I'm actually relieved that it's too much as I've worried that I was not challenging myself enough.

No comments: