Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

ALICE DAY - THE TEA PARTY

I'm not good at taking photos during parties - in future I think I'll have to nominate a photographer! (Most of these were taken during the day, except for the ones with pressies which were taken during the teaparty).

GFN and his niece N were the first to arrive. (N it was great to see you and for Alice to play with you, C I hope that you are feeling better very soon, Alice can't wait to splash you!) T and her sons L and C brought pressies (it was supposed to be no pressies but you were very kind and ignored it!), thank you! C also brought books - you know Alice will adore them, thanks! J and D also came for tea - we don't see enough of them.

As you can see - Alice is becoming an expert at opening pressies and enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper nearly as much as playing with the contents!!

We had a super afternoon - nothing unusual but surrounded by special friends. Alice surprised me by helping herself to tea!! We also watched lots of the footage from China, it triggered many happy memories and quite a few tears (not just mine!)

A simple day, a special day - a day that memories are made of, wonderful. When I look at the photos I am reminded in every one of the priceless gift I was given in China - she is so special and we are so lucky. But also when I look at the photos I am amazed at the changes in just a year as I wonder when the baby grew into the spirited, wonderful, special and opinionated little girl!

No comments: