Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

THE BALL IS ROLLING . . .

After several messages I managed to get through to SS this morning. I had a useful conversation with the team leader and afterwards I wrote a letter. After I'd sealed the letter I asked Alice if she wanted a little sister, she said no and then tried to crumple the letter!!

I'm still not feeling too great and forgot to take it to the post when we went out - but with a Bank Holiday on Monday there won't be a delay.

I've asked for the same SW, but she's off sick for a couple more weeks - hopefully she'll say yes. This Homestudy will cost 50% more than Alice's - but it's still much cheaper than some of the charges in England and it includes all the paperwork - homestudy, reviews, PPR etc!

I hope that this adoption will be SN from Thailand, but I've yet to ring Thailand and confirm that they'll consider my application (they were matching this week so 2 days were out and I haven't been up early enough!!)

How am I feeling? Excited, hopeful, nervous, patient(?). I've always wanted more than one child. I'm quite happy with just Alice for now but I want to have another child, I want to love every change, I want that babyhood time again (and relish it even more next time!), I want Alice to have a sibling but I want her to be a little older so that she'll understand what's going on and to be more independent. I'm anticipating that this process will take at least 2 years, so probably Little Sis isn't born or even conceived yet.

Maybe Little Sis won't be so young, maybe she won't be Thai, but whoever she is I want her to know that she's already dreamed about, loved and wanted.

Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful you've made the decision! Can't wait to hear. So going to start a quilt yet...I just put aside your skirt for A to include in a memories quilt later on (of course still have to do the proper 100 wishes one!)

Alice looks great. SO grownup now. Time is flying

Voice is back..I'll email offline would love to chat

Janet said...

Wonderful news :-) I know its taken a lot of thought and research to get to this point, and I'm glad you are finally happy with your decision. I'm sure A will be happy about it one day lol :-)
Love
Janet
xxxx

Ellen said...

Kate, that is so wonderful about getting the process going again! I am so hopeful for you and will look forward to supporting you along the way!

lots of love to you and Alice, and we'll see you soon!!!

Ellen xxx