Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

THAILAND SAID . . .

. . . YES!

Not all countries would consider an application from me to adopt because I'm single and diabetic. The indicators for Thailand looked positive but hadn't been confirmed. I needed to ring Thailand and ask, but I needed to ring early-ish in the morning. I wanted to have a controlled conversation and be able to focus, so it needed to be before Alice was up! I had 1 early start last week (awake at 4am) but wasn't 'with it' enough to realise that I could have used the opportunity to phone - doubly irritating to be awake when I wanted to sleep and then to miss the opportunity! This morning I woke in darkness, lay there for a while, couldn't get back to sleep, remembered Thailand and crept downstairs. I turned on my desktop and reviewed my notes, by this time I was nervous and wide awake. I rang the official contact in Thailand and got a fax machine! Ooops! Tried again and managed to speak to her, not only did she say 'Yes,' but she also indicated a shorter waiting time for a SN adoption, probably about 12 months from receiving papers. I'm delighted, I told her too, thanked her and said 'Goodbye,' and then after I hung up I started to shake and cry - with the biggest smile on my face.

Now I'm going back to bed - probably to think about our new adventure, I doubt that sleep is going to come soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you got a positive answer from Thailand!

Sarah

Janet said...

Oh Kate,
That is wonderful news :-) I'm filling up reading it :-) Hope you managed to get a bit more sleep after all that excitement :-) Look out No2 Mummy and Big Sis are on their way!!!!
Love
Janet
xxx

RamblingMother said...

congrats that is wonderful news.

Gina (Caleeo) said...

How wonderful! Tears and a huge smile here!

Anonymous said...

Kate
That is fabulous news..what a relief. AFter seeing what time you emailed me this morning I should have clicked what you were up to but didn't!
Now just fingers crossed on the UK end all is fine.
Lots of love from all of us
Carrie

Shawnstribe said...

KATE!!!!!!!!
how exciting!!!!!!
Cant wait to hear more.
I will ring you tomorrow.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
xxx
s

Snickerdoodle said...

Incredible news!!

Conratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snick, Sunshine and Brill

Jeff and Amy said...

How exciting for you and Alice!!!!!!!

Virginia said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news.
Gin=)

((frequent reader,
infrequent commenter))

Ellen said...

Dear Kate:

Oh, what wonderful news! We are so delighted for you and Alice, and we wish you every positive moment along this journey to your next child!

Will catch up soon!
lots of love,
Ellen, Mike & Annaliesa xxx

Rosie said...

Wonderful news Kate and Alice(big sister).You'll be waiting again like us and could even have a daughter/son before we get our referral!! I'm sure thats possible these days!
Great news!!

Global Girl said...

Congrats!