Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

CHRISTMAS IS COMING . . .

. . . and Alice is sick! Typical!!

She was quite naughty when GFW, Aunty J and baby L were here on Saturday afternoon. She vomited during supper while D, D and A were here that evening and then had a hoarse voice for the rest of the night.

We had a quiet day yesterday so it wasn't quite so evident that she was off colour.

Today she woke crying around 6am, ugh. I brought her into my bed and she wombled without settling for 40 minutes or so before I offered medicine, 20 minutes later she was fast asleep again - that's very unusual, she slept for over 2 hours and didn't wake while I made and answered phone calls. She didn't sleep after lunch, hardly surprising after the long lie in this morning and was grouchy all afternoon.

Late this afternoon we both visited our lovely GP. As I thought Alice has a chest infection. She's got a 5 day course of antibiotics. The rot on my palms is getting worse, the ointment from 2 weeks ago hasn't helped so now I'm trying strong steroids and praying that if it is eczema that it doesn't get any worse - the Magnificent T was jokingly asking if Alice gets to open her pressies on the 25th if I'm in hospital - I didn't think it was funny and had a Scrooge moment (my hands aren't really that bad but even the GP is taking it seriously). I'm trying not to worry about it because worrying makes the eczema worse!

3 sleeps to Christmas - not ready, not bothered and not really excited.
8 sleeps to Pudding - nearly ready and very excited!

No comments: