Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, January 08, 2009

DELIGHTED, RELIEVED AND A BIT EMOTIONAL!

After a very different experience attending an Adoption Panel, they took a blink of an eye to agree to my wish to adopt a Special Needs child from Thailand. My SW said that I charmed them. I was calm and coherent and despite my nerves it wasn't an unpleasant experience!! Phew.

To celebrate I went shopping! I bought Alice a 'pincess' outfit and Little Sis a photo album that can have a voice recording with it - hopefully to send in a care package after referral. It's the beginning of the next paperchase - extra documents for Thailand, but we're a huge step closer and I'm very relieved!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Absolutely fantastic news :-)
I think I know exactly the photo album you mean, and I'm hoping to be able to take mine over to Ethiopia some time soon :-)
Big big hugs
Janet
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Many congrats!!! Sounds like you did great, well done to you!

WL xx

Ellen said...

Dear Kate:

How wonderful! Oh, such a relief to have today behind you. I know how very much you were anxious about the outcome.

Delightful news! Nothing to do but look forward now!

lots of love,
Ellen xx

Kiy said...

Oh, I am so excited for you and Alice. How wonderful. I can't wait to watch and cheer on your journey!

Kiy

Anonymous said...

Kate

Fabulous news. And well worth a congratulatory shop.

Relax this weekend and start the paperwork collection next week.

Then we'll all tell you that having 2 is more work than you ever imagined - and not just 1 + 1 !

seaview said...

Many many congratulations to both of you - the pink princess on nursery and yourself on panel - what a day! Vicky

Virginia said...

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news!

Gin =)

Maci Miller said...

Congrats! That is wonderful!