Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

THE INEPT PARENTING AWARD GOES TO . . .

. . . ME! Uh-oh!!

I thought that the finishing time of nursery was like it's starting time - a range, it isn't so I was over 15 minutes late collecting Alice and very embarrassed. It's very unlike me, when I have to be somewhere at a particular time I tend to be early rather than late.

Alice was fine. I apologised to all and on the way home I apologised to Alice again, I told her it was an accident, that I was sorry and now I knew that I'd got it wrong I'd try not to let it happen again (traffic permitting), her response, 'Don't worry Mummy it's an accident and I love you!'

I feel very guilty about it, despite the fact that it was a genuine misunderstanding, but I wish it could have happened in a situation where I'm better known. But most of all I'm blown away by Alice's laid back attitude.

No comments: