Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

WHEN BRIBERY DOESN'T WORK . . .

. . . you know that it's serious!

Alice wants a Christmas tree in her bedroom. I'm quite happy for her to have one. So tonight I offered to get her one tomorrow if she slept all night in her own room. I just made it downstairs before she started crying - it's very unusual for her to cry that quickly. I talked to her over the monitor (she thought that I was T!), I went up to her and the pillow was already wet from tears and she was adamant that she wanted 'Mummy's bed', I reminded her about the Christmas tree but she told me that there were monsters in her room - then I discovered that she didn't like the trio of lights on the monitor, but that wasn't enough and she quickly returned to my room - where she's been sleeping peacefully ever since.

She REALLY wants that Christmas tree, that means the fear is real. I'll have to give it longer before I try again, but I did put the dummies away tonight (I don't allow them outside her room and she hasn't used one in several weeks, so they've gone).

No comments: