Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 09, 2006

AN EARLY PRESENT!

One of the traditons associated with adoption is to make a quilt of good wishes - a patchwork quilt made from material given by friends and family who write a wish to go with their patch. A lovely idea, but I'm not a particularly creative person - certainly not yet sufficiently proficient on the sewing machine. I have other plans for a quilt (more to come another time!)

In the meantime I have been knitting - for the first time (with a lot of help from my friend Carol - more of her another time too!!) This evening I finished it - well my part (Carol's going to crochet a border). The picture isn't very clear - but you can see how bright it is, but not how thick and lumpy!

This is the first craft project that I've actually finished - I'm good at starting them just not at completing them. I started it several months ago, most of it was knitted during my stay in hospital in September AND NOW IT'S FINISHED, HURRAY, HOORAH, YIPPEE!!! (Can you tell I'm pleased/proud?)

My daughter may not like pink - that's not important. What is important is that she will know that I thought about her while I waited for her and loved her before I met her. If my daughter turns out to be a son - then he will know that he was a bit of a surprise!!

What next? Another pink blanket!! Carol came with me to buy the yarn yesterday - I nearly drove her mad as I choose by feel and not by weight (which would make the making up much simpler as I could follow a pattern, instead she has to write me a new version - a true friend! x)

No comments: