Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

REFLECTIONS ON A BITTERSWEET WEEK

What do you give the girl who has everything? Flowers - it seems!! Lots of 'em and I love 'em!

On Monday I paniced about the week to come and how I would feel. Finishing her baby blanket was a fantastic end to the day - I still so proud!!

Tuesday, my birthday, I was really busy. I spent the day in school - writing web pages and talking with very small children about numbers, I had a great time. Then I went on to see my friend D and her new baby A, I was met with presents, a cake (with candles) and a tuneful redition of 'Happy Birthday!' Quick trip home to feed the dogs, open lots of post, receive some beautiful flowers (deliverd to the neighbours) and take a few more phone calls. Then I went out to supper with friends to the Black Bear - excellent company and fantastic food. So having had doubts before the day I ended up enjoying all of it - and managed to remember Mum with a smile!

Wednesday - a quiet day was needed and enjoyed. A bit of aqua in the morning and another meal out - at The Horseshoe - with aqua buddies in the evening. Another 3 course meal, again with steak and a choccy pud along with some cider - just as good as the previous evening. Today's first batch of flowers arrived by post from my generous and precoious 2 year old god-daughter P (I think that her Mum may have lent a helping hand and credit card!) The second bunch were given to me in the pub.

Thursday. I was supposed to go into school for the morning, but the builder is finally bringing the carpenter to measure up for all the new windows. Lunch with family friends - just a modest bowl of soup - but it was delicious!! Today's flowers were wrapped and waiting for me on the table!


After all those worries about how this week would be, it's been good - can I do it again next week please?

No comments: