Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

CATCHING UP

Work - last week I worked Thursday am and all day Friday. Then I went in for the fete on Saturday. This week I worked all day Monday and Thursday am. So in 6 working days I worked more than half of them - it was too much and a fairly gentle way to confirm that my decision to return 1 day a week is sufficient, for now.

Alice - fab as usual but with a few nappy issues that you really don't want to know about.

Me - tired. Itchy hands - that I realised related to using lovely salon products in the shower - it proves that my perfume allergy is still very much present and very sensitive.

Dogs - fine, Daisy's ageing rapidly but still here for now, The Little Ones are great.

Home - messy but lovely, my bedroom's in need of some serious sorting.

So what have we been up to? Most of the usual Mummy and Alice activities, but no music as I've been in school on Thursday mornings. Swimming is going beautifully, Alice smiles and shrieks, such a change! Alice has been at home with M (whilst I'm out) for bits of 3 days this week - she continues to adore M, M is encouraging Alice to count to 5, ride her push trike, name colours and draw with coloured pencils. Alice particularly likes . . .3, 4 . . . yeh-low, buh-lue and back! I went to Uncle M's funeral yesterday but managed to get lost using SatNav between the chapel and the crematorium, oops - luckily as I am close to the family and I was able to contact them before that service started, I think that they forgave me but I still felt awful about it. Today we went to a Play Barn - filled with soft play style activities but almost all of them were too big for Alice, we won't be going back there for another 12-18 months - by then she'll be big enough to enjoy the main play area. We had lunch there before going into the local town for a stroll and a browse, Alice wouldn't nap but slept all the way home in the car before having an early night too!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Hi Kate:

So glad to hear all about your 'world' these days. You're doing amazing with your return to teaching - and Alice seems so content with 'M'. So nice to read your 'catch up'.

We are back from a great week away in Dorset. Annaliesa had a fantastic time and Bella was 'good as gold'!

See you both before too long, lots of love,
Ellen xxx